Encouraging sexism, opposing gender equality, and setting societal progress back centuries. All at a location near you.
The male-identified woman is a woman whose beliefs, mindset, and attitude favor the male gender, often at the expense of the opposite sex. She may be traditional or modern, classically feminine in appearance or more masculine. But all male-identified women support what enhances the status and lives of men, and opposes what increases equality of the genders.
The male-identified woman often comes from a background where the male point of view was greatly emphasized or de-emphasized. In the first case, she may have had a mother who, willingly or unwillingly, took second place to her husband. The male-identified woman learned through her upbringing that a woman must always defer to men and respect their desires.
In the second case, the male-identified woman may have had a father who was absent (physically or mentally) and a mother who was head of the household. She grew to resent her mother’s rule and came to associate with the male presence she never had, finding refuge in the thoughts and actions of men.
The male-identified woman can be found everywhere, and is not difficult to recognize as she tends to be predictable and follows a pattern of behavior. A woman is likely male-identified, if she says or does several of the following:
- Encourages women to take part in relationship dynamics which advantage mensuch as polygyny and decreased emphasis on female income and education
- Blames feminism for every male-female issue and/or proclaiming those who disagree with her to be feminists
- Engages in male-oriented forums or websites
- Is overly obsequious or fawning over any men around her
- Claims to have no female friends
- Joins men in their complaints about women
- Claims every gender difference is based in biology, especially if that difference favors men
- Claims that men are naturally advantaged in several areas
- Argues with women who oppose sexist practices
Usually the male-identified woman is unaware of just how oriented she is to the male sex. She sees her views and values as “wise” and “common sense”, and competing views as the opposite. She’s likely held her beliefs for years and sees them as the only correct ones. She has no desire to change her mind — in most cases, she will try to change yours.
If you disagree with something the male-identified woman has said or done, the best you can do is offer your point of view and hope that others, and maybe she, can see its merit. Don’t push your views. You don’t need to — for the most part, the male-identified woman is fighting a losing battle.